The Mazor Mausoleum (Hebrew: מאוזוליאום מזור) is one of the
most impressive and best preserved Roman buildings in Israel,
located in El'ad. The Mausoleum, which is the only Roman era
building in Israel to still stand from its foundations to its
roof, was built for an important Roman man and his wife in the
3rd century CE. Their identities remain a mystery but one can
still see the remnants of two sarcophagi in the mausoleum.
Muslim Period -
In the Late Antiquity, the Muslims added a prayer niche in the
southern wall, indicating the direction of Mecca, and the
building became an Islamic holy place called Makam Nebe Yihya.
Due to its sacredness, the building was preserved through the
ages. It functioned as a mosque until the depopulation of
the Palestinian village Al-Muzayri'a in 1948.