Maps are essential for any serious Bible study. Our collection of maps are simple and they are free.
From the skin of sheep or goats a fine quality of leather was specially and carefully prepared for writing on both sides. They were glued into book form, this was called a Codex. The codex made it possible to have much more Scripture in one place.
The main Old Testament Codex manuscripts that have been discovered are:
- The Leningrad Codex or St. Petersburg Codex, written in 916 AD.
- The Cairo Codex or Codex Cairensis, 895 AD.
- The Aleppo Codex, written in 930 AD.
- The British Museum Codex, written in 950 AD.
The main New Testament Codex manuscripts that have been discovered are:
- The John Rylands Fragment (125 AD).
- Papyrus Bodmer II (200 AD).
- Codex Sinaiticus (340 AD).
- Codex Vaticanus (350 AD).
- Codex Alexandrinus (450 AD).