Johanan in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(gift or grace of God).
1. Son of Azariah and grandson of Ahimaaz the son of
Zadok, and father of Azariah, 3. 1Ch 6:9,10 Authorized
2. Son of Elioenai, the son of Neariah, the son of
Shemaiah, in the line of Zerubbabel's heirs. 1Ch 3:24 (B.C.
3. The son of Kaereah, and one of the captains of
the scattered remnants of the army of Judah, who escaped in
the final attack upon Jerusalem by the Chaldeans. (B.C.
588.) After the murder of Gedaliah, Johanan was one of the
foremost in the pursuit of his assassin, and rescued the
captives he had carried off from Mizpah. Jer 41:11-16
Fearing the vengeance of the Chaldeans, the captains, with
Johanan at their head, notwithstanding the warnings of
Jeremiah, retired into Egypt.
4. The first-born son of Josiah king of Judah. 1Ch
3:15 (B.C. 638-610.)
5. A valiant Benjamite who joined David at Ziklag.
1Ch 12:4 (B.C. 1055.)
6. A Gadite warrior who followed David. 1Ch 12:12
7. The father of Azariah, an Ephraimite in the time
of Ahaz. 2Ch 28:12
8. The son of Hakkatan, and chief of the Bene-Azgad
who returned with Ezra. Ezr 8:12
9. The son of Eliashib, one of the chief Levites.
Ezr 10:6; Ne 12:23
10. The son of Tobiah the Ammonite. Ne 6:18