Jether in Smiths Bible Dictionary
1. Jethro, the father-in-law of Moses. Ex 4:18 (B.C.
2. The first-born of Gideon's seventy sons. Jud 8:20
3. The father of Amasa, captain-general of Absalom's
army. (B.C. 1023.) Jether is another form of ITHRA.
2Sa 17:25 He is described in 1Ch 2:17 as an
Ishmaelite, which again is more likely to be correct than the
"Israelite" of the Hebrew in 2Sa 17:1 ...
4. The son of Jada, a descendant of Hezron, of the
tribe of Judah. 1Ch 2:32
5. The son of Ezra. 1Ch 2:32
6. The chief of a family of warriors of the line of
Asher, and father of Jephunneh. 1Ch 7:38 He is probably the
same as ITHRAN in the preceding verse.