Jesus was the Seed of David
Rom 1:3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,
- The Lord "swore" this promise to David that his seed would rule the earth.
- The fruit of David’s body was referring to his seed, which was Jesus Christ.
- David’s "branch" refers to his offspring and is the Hebrew word "tsamech".
- God’s promise in the Old Testament was always that He would one day bless all nations through one man who would be of the family of king David.
- The Bible reveals that this offspring of David would be a "great King", he would "live forever", and establish a kingdom "that would never end."
- 2 Sam 7 reveals that through David's family would come a line of kings, culminating in One "Eternal King" whose kingdom would never pass away.
-Matthew’s genealogy traces the lineage of Christ back to King David.
- The King referred to in Jer 23 is Jesus, He is to reign, and prosper, execute judgment and righteousness. Judah (the Jews) will be saved and Israel will have peace.
- "The LORD our Righteousness" in Hebrew is Yahweh (Jehovah) Tsidkenu.