Jesus Performed Mighty Miracles
John 11:47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and said, "What shall we do? For this Man works many signs.
Luke 7:21 And that very hour He cured many of infirmities, afflictions, and evil spirits; and to many blind He gave sight.
- Messiah will be a great miracle worker (Matt 9:27; 20:30; Mark 8:23; 10:46 Luke 7:21).
- The eyes of the blind being opened speaks in a preliminary sense about the Assyrian and Babylonian captivities and returning from captivity. The secondary and greater fulfillment is seen when Jesus came and performed His miracles upon men.
- The ears of the deaf shall be unstopped speaks of the deafness of man being cured.
- It is interesting where it says "the lame shall leap up like a deer" that the New Testament reveals that lame men were healed and "jumped" to their feet (Acts 3:8; Acts 14:10).
- The tongue of the dumb singing speaks of uttering joyous praises of thanksgiving.
- The desert shall burst forth abundant water speaks of the future kingdom that the Messiah would bring and the releasing of the curse upon nature.. Romans 8:22 - For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.