Jesus Came to Save All Mankind
Matt 15:21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
- The Gentile Savior will be Jewish.
- Jesse was David’s father. The Messiah would come from Jesse’s family line.
- "In that day" speaks of the future Messianic kingdom.
- The word "root" in Hebrew is "shoresh" and speaks of a sprout that springs up from a dead tree. Rev 22:16 calls Jesus the root and offspring of David.
- A banner or ensign was lifted up in the sight of an army, or to rally people together.
- Jesus’ crucifixion was a clear banner for all nations to see (John 12:32).
- When the Gentiles "seek" the Messiah the word implies that they will seek Him for salvation and protection.
- God’s resting place would no longer be the Temple but within His own people who would also include the Gentiles (Heb. Goyim). (see Isaiah 60:13).
- His resting place will be glorious (full of glory and honor).