The LORD will Provide.
Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of the place, The-LORD-Will-Provide
; as it is said to this day, "In the Mount of the LORD it shall be provided."
- When the LORD sees a need He makes provision. He will see to it.
- Provision comes from two Latin words meaning to "see beforehand"
- Regarding Genesis 22 one medieval rabbi put it this way: God will manifest Himself to His people.
"In the Mount of the LORD it shall be provided"
"God will provide himself a lamb"
- John 8:56-58 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw [it], and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
- Exodus 12:23 - "For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you."