Eliab in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(God is my father).
1. Son of Helon and leader of the tribe of Zebulun at
the time of the census in the wilderness of Sinai. Nu 1:9;
2:7; 7:24,29 10:16 (B.C. 1490.)
2. A Reubenite, father of Dathan and Abiram. Nu
16:1,12; 26:8,9; De 11:6
3. One of David's brothers, the eldest of the family.
1Sa 16:6; 17:13,28; 1Ch 2:13 (B.C. 1063.)
4. A Levite in the time of David, who was both a
"porter" and a musician on the "psaltery." 1Ch 15:18,20; 16:5
5. One of the warlike Gadite leaders who came over to
David when he was in the wilderness taking refuge from Saul.
1Ch 12:9 (B.C. 1061.)
6. An ancestor of Samuel the prophet; a Kohathite
Levite, son of Nahath. 1Ch 6:27 (B.C. 1250).
7. Son of Nathanael, one of the fore-fathers of
Judith, and therefore belonging to the tribe of Simeon. Judith
Read More about Eliab in Smiths Bible Dictionary