The One Who Blesses.
Genesis 17:1 "When Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God
; walk before me, and be thou perfect."
- El is the male God who is omnipotent and Shaddai is the female plural, which reveals both male and female in God.
- Shad means breast, and as the breast nourishes the child and imparts the life of the mother, so El Shaddai speaks of God as the bountiful nourisher, and blesser of mankind.
- El Shaddai sets aside the laws of nature to bountifully bless.
- The Greek goddess Artemis (Diana) was created with multiple breasts.
- Abraham was advanced in years and wondered about God's promise that he would bear a son, and God revealed himself as El Shaddai, who can set apart the laws of nature to abundantly bless.
- He is also the God of the wrath of the almighty.
Read More about El Shaddai