Battus in Wikipedia
Battus can refer to:
* In Greek mythology, Battus is a shepherd from Pylos. Battus witnessed Hermes stealing Apollo's cattle. Though he promised his silence, he told many others. Hermes turned him to stone.
* In early Greek history, Battus was the founder of Cyrene, and several kings of Cyrene, of the same name, were descended from him.
* Battus is a genus of swallowtail butterflies, family Papilionidae, subfamily Papilioninae.
* Battus is also a pseudonym of Dutch author Hugo Brandt Corstius
* Battus was a certain order of penitents at Avignon, and in Provence, whose piety carried them to exercise severe discipline upon themselves, both in public and private.
Read More about Battus in Wikipedia