Baram in Wikipedia
Bar'am (Hebrew: בַּרְעָם, lit. Son of the People) is a kibbutz located in northern Israel. Located approximately 300 meters from
Israel's border with Lebanon near the ruins of the ancient Jewish village of Kfar Bar'am. Bar'am National Park is known for
the remains of one of Israel's oldest synagogues. The kibbutz falls under the jurisdiction of Upper Galilee Regional
At an unknown point subsequent to the Arab conquest of the seventh century but before the thirteenth century, the Jewish
population had left the village , which was an entirely Christian village called Kafr Bir'im on the Lebanese border when the
inhabitants were expelled by Israel Defense Forces in November 1948. In 1949, with cross-border infiltration a frequent
occurrence, the government of the new State of Israel decided not to allow Arab villagers to return to the border zone, which
included Bir'im, for security reasons.
Bar'am was founded on 14 June 1949 to guard and hold the border with Lebanon by demobilized Palmach soldiers. The kibbutz was
established as a secular settlement of the Hashomer Hatzair movement. The kibbutz, with more than 250 members and 200 children,
continues to expand despite its close proximity to Israel's northern border...
Read More about Baram in Wikipedia