Amariah in Smiths Bible Dictionary
(the Lord says, i.e. promises).
1. Father of Ahitub according to 1Ch 6:7,52 and son of
Meraioth, in the line of the high priests.
2. The high priest in the reign of Jehoshaphat. 2Ch
19:11 He was the son of Azariah.
3. The head of a Levitical house of the Kohathites.
1Ch 23:13; 24:23
4. The head of one of the twenty-four courses of
priest. 2Ch 31:15; Ne 10:3; 12:2,13
5. One of the sons of Bani in the time of Ezra. Ezr
6. A priest who returned with Zerubbabel. Ne 10:3;
7. A descendant of Pharez. Ne 11:4
8. An ancestor of Zephaniah the prophet. Zep 1:1